- Zhenhuan Lei and Jeffrey B. Nugent. 2018. “Coordinating China’s Economic Growth Strategy via Its Government-Controlled Association for Private Firms.” Journal of Comparative Economics, 46: 1273-1293.[SSRN] [Gated]
Working Paper/In Progress
- “Public Finance, Public Goods Provision, and Government Responsiveness: Evidence from Rural China.” [SSRN]
- “Political Factional Ties and Meritocratic Bureaucracy: Evidence from China,” with Yishuang Li (NYU).
- “Political Career Incentives and Infrastructure Investment: Evidence from China,” with Junlong Zhou (NYU). [Paper]
- “Beyond a Springboard into Politics: Why and How the State-Run Business Association Matters for Private Enterprises in China,” with Jeff Nugent (USC).
- “Divided Leadership and Government Performance: Evidence from China.”