I am regularly looking for several advanced undergraduate or master students to work with me as research assistants (paid positions). The work usually involves (1) data collection and cleaning and (2) background information gathering. The students are also encouraged to participate in my research group meeting with both my coauthors and myself at NYU. Most of my research projects are related to (1) the political economy of infrastructure investment in China and the United States, and (2) local politics of China.
An ideal candidate is an advanced undergraduate or master student who (1) is proficient in both Chinese and English, (2) is familiar with Excel and Stata (or R), (3) has strong interests in Chinese/American politics, US-China relations, urban politics, or political economy demonstrated through coursework or research experience. Priority will be given to students who have strong desires to pursue a Ph.D. degree in political science or other sister disciplines.
To apply, please send me an email at zhenhuan.lei[at]nyu.edu. In your email, please include the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Current status (year of study; undergraduate or Master student)
- Language ability in Chinese and English
- Your recent CV/resume (including previous educational background)
- Please answer each of the following questions within one paragraph:
- What are your research interests? (please describe in one paragraph)
- Previous experience working with data? (please describe in one paragraph)
- What are your future career plans? (please describe in one paragraph)
- Please tell us about your experience of working in a team. (please describe in one paragraph)